Today Phase One announced a service release for Feature Update 4.
This new service release includes expanded lens support for the AFr (Autofocus and Recompose) mode in the XF body as well as additional lens support for the Automatic Focus Stack Calculator. Of particular note is the new ability to use the Automatic Focus Stack Calculator for non blue ring lenses.
Here are a summation of the Updates:
1. Autofocus & Recompose mode (AFr) *Currently supported ONLY on the Schneider Kreuznach Blue Ring Lenses:
• 55mm LS f/2.8
• 80mm LS f/2.8
• 110mm LS f/2.8
• 120mm LS f/4.0 Macro
• 150mm LS f/2.8
• 150mm LS f/3.5
2. Automatic Focus Stack Calculator *Currently supported on the Schneider Kreuznach (non-Blue Ring) & Blue Ring Lenses:
• 35mm LS f/3.5 – (Blue Ring Only)
• 55mm LS f/2.8 – (Blue Ring and Non-Blue Ring)
• 80mm LS f/2.8 – (Blue Ring and Non-Blue Ring)
• 110mm LS f/2.8 – (Blue Ring and Non-Blue Ring)
• 120mm LS f/4.0 Macro – (Blue Ring and Non-Blue Ring)
• 240mm LS f/4.5 IF – (Blue Ring and Non-Blue Ring)
• Phase One 120mm AF Macro f/4.0
Additionally, Phase One is introducing two new accessories for specific use cases with the XF Camera System.
• Electronic Shutter (ES) Cable Release Adaptor
• XF Waist Level Finder Diopter
*It is not necessary to re-trim your lenses if you update from the original Feature Update 4. If upgrading to this service release from a feature update version other than Feature Update 4 you will need to re-trim your lenses.